What's the impact of the Take Bag Bag?
- Each Take Back Bag saves 16k gallons of water, 118 pounds of CO2 emissions, and 15 pounds of fashion waste from landfill.
- So far, For Days has saved 3 million pounds of clothing from landfill, 24 million pounds of CO2, and 3.2 million gallons of water through its Take Back program.
What do you accept?
- We accept all textiles, including socks, underwear, sheets, pillow cases, towels, linens, shoes and handbags in any condition. Ripped, torn or stained, your oldies will get a new life with the help of our recycling partners and be diverted from landfills.
How do you send it back?
- Scan the QR code on your bag for shipping instructions. You will have the option to generate a USPS QR code or print a mailing label for drop off.
- The price of the Take Back Bag covers the shipping costs to you and sending your filled Take Back Bag to For Days.
How much will it fit?
- The Take Back Bag fits 15 lbs of fashion waste and measures 24 in x 24 in.
What are they made of?
- The Take Back Bags are the world's most sustainable polymailer. Made of 100% recycled content (50% post consumer & 50% post industrial), they are fully recyclable, and For Days recycles 100% of Take Back Bags that are sent back to them.
Why is it better to use a Take Back Bag than other donation options?
- 85% of ALL textiles end up in landfills and the average American throws away 80lbs of clothing a year. That includes resale, recycling, and donation efforts. If you send used items to For Days, they go through a sorting and grading process with our recycling partners to determine their next best life.
What happens to items sent back in the Take Back Bag?
- 50% of all Take Back Bag items are downcycled into shoddy, rags & insulation. Take Back Bag items are not upcyclable because they are made from unknown materials. So, they are turned into lesser-quality items like insulation or carpeting. Leigh Fibers and Phoenix Fibers are two of our expert downcycling partners.
- 45% of all Take Back Bag items are resold to partners that service lower income communities. What this looks like: farmers in other countries accessing low-cost items to cover themselves against the sun.
- 5% of all Take Back Bag items are sadly, truly trash (think: plastic hangers)
What is Ivy Shop Credit and how do I redeem it?
- You'll earn $20 in Ivy Shop Credit for every Take Back Bag ordered. These funds never expire and can be used on your next order from Ivy Shop.
- Scan the QR code on your bag to register it and email help@fordays to email you your Ivy Shop credit